Launched in 2009, the IMC Musical Rights Awards are given to programs or projects that support in an exemplary way one or more of the five musical rights enunciated by the Council:
• the right for all children and adults
• the right for musical artists
These awards are intended
• to offer strong recognition and reward to programs and projects that give exemplary support to one or more of the musical rights
• to make the opportunity to promote the five musical rights and IMC’s commitment to them
• by presenting and describing these exemplary programs and projects, to encourage IMC members and other organisations to give active support to the musical rights
• to increase IMC’s value to its members.
The Awards were launched by IMC in 2009 to voice strongly its determination in advancing these five rights. The inaugural IMC Musical Rights Awards ceremony took place October 18, 2009 during the 3rd IMC World Forum on Music in Tunis. More on the 2009 Awards
Six projects were recognised at the award-giving ceremony which took place on the opening night of the 4th IMC World Forum on Music, September 27, 2011. Find out about the prize winners here.
The 3rd edition of the IMC Musical Rights Awards were presented again in November 2013 in occasion of the 5th World Forum on Music in Brisbane.