Who we are
IMC Youth represents youth from within the network of the International Music Council (IMC). IMC Youth envisions a world where youth contribute to drive freedom, access, development, recognition and innovation in regards to music.
What we want
IMC Youth aims to actively promote and encourage youth participation in decision-making processes through the IMC network and beyond. IMC Youth aims to give young people involved in the IMC network a voice, which is valuable for the future of the music sector and can be key for the recognition and solution of problems next generations are facing.
IMC Youth aims to have a diversity of contributors across gender, geography and genre. IMC Youth recognises that what it means to be ‘Youth’ is culturally diverse. However, for general purposes, we are defining Youth to be someone at the age of 30 and younger.
What we do
- Promote the youth perspective in all aspects of the IMC.
- Strive to ensure a youth presence in all regional music councils of the IMC, and work co-operatively with existing youth-music advocacy groups within the IMC network.
- Raise awareness about youth issues in the advocacy work of IMC members.
- Work with IMC members to create opportunities for advocacy on a national/local level, particularly the promotion of youth participation and inclusion of youth perspectives.
- Facilitate information sharing, dialogue, networking, and other resources relevant to young people involved in the IMC network.
- Develop innovative approaches and partnerships to strengthen the work of the IMC and its members.
Please download the IMC Youth folder (PDF) here